MISSION STATEMENT AND AIMS
We believe that everyone at St Michael & All Angels has three basic rights:
• The right to learn
• The right to be safe
• The right to respect others and be respected
We are a nurturing Christian community where the Christian values underpin all we do.
We have high expectations of ourselves and push ourselves to achieve the best we can.
We are kind and respectful to those around us, and encourage others to be.
We work together to create a safe, inspiring environment where we can be happy, learn exciting things, discover new talents and develop our skills.
We encourage curiosity, creativity, invention and imagination.
We are inclusive and fun, and enable pupils to develop enquiring minds and a thirst for knowledge.
We promote resilience and perseverance, inspire and support pupils take control of their learning and be risk takers.
We want our pupils to be expressive, confident and compassionate members of the community who encourage diversity.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT
THE SCHOOL WILL:
• Provide the legal entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum to meet the needs of your child within a Church of England environment of Christian values, building on an understanding of other faiths in our multicultural society.
• Implement any support that may be required to enable your child to succeed happily in their learning.
• Provide a safe, happy and respectful environment with help and encouragement to ensure that all children achieve the best they can.
• Be open and welcoming and offer opportunities for the parent to become involved in the daily life of the school.
• Provide regular information about school events and your child’s progress.
• Expect all children to keep the school‘s rules.
• Always try hard at all I do.
• Respect others, school and all within.
• Keep myself and others safe.
• Take responsibility for completing my work at home.
• Uphold the ethos and rules of the school by speaking and behaving in an appropriate and respectful manner towards all members of the school community. Be polite and courteous to adults and children alike.
• Reinforce the school’s policies particularly discipline, uniform and PE kit, personal appearance, jewellery and medicines, and advise the school of any health or relevant family problems.
• Make sure my child is punctual, attends school regularly and notify school before 9.30am on the day of any absence.
• Attend Parents Consultations and support other school events where possible.
• Support my child with homework and other opportunities for home-learning such as sharing stories and reading at home.
• Spend time talking and listening to my child, taking an interest in my child’s life at school.
• Work together with teachers for the benefit of children. This includes approaching the school to resolve any issues of concern and to discuss and clarify specific events in order to bring about a positive solution, as well as communicating compliments!
• Not discuss the business of school or children attending school in any public forum including social networking sites.
• Ensure that any images or videos taken are for personal use and will not be published on the internet including any social media site e.g. Facebook.
• Support the school in relation to the use of all ICT related equipment and technology.
• Park with consideration and respect for others when delivering and collecting from school.
These Home School Consents will continue through school with your child. If you wish to change or withdraw any consent/s please contact the school office and complete this form. Other relevant documents and polices such as the Data Protection Policy, Freedom of Information Policy and Privacy Notices can be found on the school website.
Paper copies of all our documents are available free of charge, please enquire at the school office.